A globally competitive State University imbued with positive values and contributory to sustainable development and progress.
To generate world-class graduates adequately quipped with quality education, professional training and relevant skills in maritime education, engineering, arts and sciences and other health related programs, tourism, education, ICT, criminology, business and entrepreneurship, agriculture, fishery and forestry through instruction, research, extension and production services.
· Become the center of development in engineering, education, technology, agriculture, and graduate studies; and the center of excellence in maritime education.
· Maintain appropriate technologies, facilities, materials and equipment for effective acquisition of knowledge to produce mature technology researches and productive activities.
· Enhance competencies of graduates who can serve local, national, and international needs.
· Establish linkages with government and non-government institutions and agencies; and with national and international industries.
· Provide higher professional and technical instruction and training's in industrial trade and technological education and professional courses such as medicine, commerce, pharmacy, and dentistry.
Nobility. Solidarity. Unity
(The vision and mission statements of the University were approved pursuant to Section 21, Article 6 of the Strategic Performance Management System Manual approved per Board Resolution No. 42-12 adopted by the NSU-Board of Regents and circularized pursuant to Memorandum Circular No.14, 2, 2012 issued by the University President. The PSMS Manual of the University has been approved by the Civil Service Commission-Regional Office No. VIII on October 16, 2012).